Surprise your partner or have a fun date night by making this delicious three-course vegan and gluten-free dinner for two. This menu features vegan versions of classic, share-worthy comfort food dishes that you and your partner will enjoy.
Gluten-free, Vegan Menu:
- Appetizer: Vegan Teriyaki-Glazed Cauliflower Nuggets
- Main Course: Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Sautéed Mushrooms
- Dessert: Vegan Fudgy Brownies
- Jump to Full Video Recipe
Everybody wants to treat their partner to a romantic meal at some point. At the same time, many of us don’t enjoy going through the hassle of booking a reservation. And if you have any special dietary requests, it can make dining out even more challenging.
If you want to have a special meal with your partner without the hassle, here’s a great solution. You can cook an easy, delicious meal that they’ll always remember.
This 3-course vegan dinner for two consists of tasty comfort food recipes to please your vegan or vegetarian partner. The best part is that this meal is also gluten-free.
So if you’ve ever wondered what to cook for your gluten-free, vegan girlfriend, don’t worry because I’ve got you covered! You can whip up these recipes for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, or just for the days you feel like doing something special. Do it as a surprise or make it this meal together.
Appetizer: Vegan Teriyaki-Glazed Cauliflower Nuggets
You will not miss chicken nuggets after trying these teriyaki cauliflower ones. They are addictive and makes a perfect vegan starter to share with your partner. You’ll savour every tasty bite you take out of them. They are easy to make with very little prep work. Check out the recipe below:
Vegan Teriyaki Cauliflower Nuggets (Gluten free)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/204°C.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except cauliflower and teriyaki sauce, to make a thick and smooth batter.
- Rinse and drain cauliflower then dip each piece in the batter, coating completely. Shake off excess batter then place on a lightly oiled or nonstick baking tray. Place tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven then dip in or brush each nugget with teriyaki sauce. Place baking tray back into the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Main Course: Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms
This vegan fettuccine alfredo is packed full of flavours that your taste buds will enjoy. Those sautéed oyster mushrooms really take this dish to the next level. It’s super creamy, delicious and gluten-free.
Plus it doesn’t get any more romantic than pasta. Lady and the Tramp anyone? If you’d like an even more filling and protein-packed pasta, check out my Tofu Alfredo Pasta Recipe.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Sautéed Mushrooms (Gluten-free, Dairy-free)
- 5 oz gluten free fettuccine, (141g)
- 2 cups cashew milk, (473ml)
- 3 tbsp dairy free spread, (or 2 tbsp oil)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose gluten free flour, (8g)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, (27g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tsp lemon juice, (10ml)
- 2 cups mushrooms, (150g – I used oyster mushrooms)
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Boil fettuccine according to package directions.
- Slice mushrooms. Heat 1 tbsp oil or spread in a pan and add mushrooms. Sauté until browned then season with 1 tsp minced garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining spread or oil on low heat. Stir in flour quickly and constantly with a whisk, fork or wooden spoon while it cooks for 2 mins. Next, gradually stir in cashew milk. Stir quickly to dissolve the lumps as best as possible. Add extra milk or water if the sauce thickens too quickly.
- Stir in the remaining minced garlic, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Continue cooking the sauce on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain cooked fettuccine and add to sauce. Toss gently to completely coat pasta. Serve topped with sautéed mushrooms.
Dessert: Vegan Fudgy Brownies
Can brownies be fudgy and delicious without dairy or eggs? You bet they can! These brownies are chocolatey, gooey and best of all, gluten-free! Frankly, they taste way better than non-vegan brownies.
The chewiness and the rich dark chocolate will make your taste buds feel satisfied. They are so quick simple to make. Grab a few ingredients you likely already have in your pantry and you’ll have some tasty vegan brownies in no time. Recipe below:
Gluten-Free Vegan Fudgy Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F .
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Separately mash bananas in a bowl until smooth. Stir in water, oil and vanilla.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Add in chopped chocolate. Pour batter into a lightly oiled or parchment lined 8 by 8 inch pan. Bake brownies for 20 to 25 mins.
- Serve by itself or topped with ice cream.
3 Course Vegan Dinner Recipe Full Video
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Disclosure